What to Avoid In Ingredient Labels
- Grains: corn, wheat gluten, soy, rice
- Meat meal, and grain meals, and by-products
- Artificial preservatives: BHA, BHT, ethoxyquin, carrageenan
- Food dyes (Blue 2, Red 40, Yellow 5 and 6, 4-MIE)
- PG (Propylene Glycol)
- Rendered fat
- Peas, lentils, legumes
- Sweeteners and sugars
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG)
Top Toxic Human Foods for Animals to Avoid
- Xylitol (In some peanut butter)
- Raw onions
- Grapes and Raisins
- Cooked bones can splinter.
Pet Food Suggestions
- Munchies Natural Pet Foods (Store)
- Answers Pet Formula
- Darwin’s Raw Food (darwinspet.com)
- Feed them the leftover meats and veggies you eat.
- Raw organic meats ground up.
- Healthy recipes online
Nutrition Response Testing For Your Pet
Did you know that you can do Nutrition Response Testing on animals just like you do with people? This is a great and safe way to discover what underlying problems could be going on with your pets creating their health conditions. Several veterinarians use this technique!
Dr. Cathy Alinovi
Healthy PAWsibilities Natural Pet Wellness
Healthy Dog Food Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks
- Stir in spinach, carrots, zucchini, until the spinach has wilted and the mixture is heated for about 2-4 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
Healthy Cat Food Recipe:
- 2 LBS Boneless Skinless Chicken Things
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 Can Sardines [Whole]
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Herbs [Oregano, Sage, Thyme, Etc]
- First, you will need to peel and chop up your veggies and toss them on a cookie sheet drizzled with olive oil, bake in the oven at 350 degrees for roughly half an hour, or until they are soft enough to mash up with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on the stove with a few TSP of olive oil. Slice your chicken into strips and sauté like you would for yourself.
- Finally, mix cooked chicken, baked veggies, and herbs in a bowl and serve!